Sunday, July 24, 2011

More Love for the Armband

I have to gush one more time about how much I am digging my BodyMedia Fit armband.  I swear I am not getting paid --yet-- to say all of these wonderful things about BobyMedia Fit.  I am just impressed that it can do everything it does.

Yesterday I had ever good intention of going out and getting a lot of walking in.  Instead I went to see a matinee showing of Friends With Benefits.  It was actually a fun movie.  Kind of a chick flick, but enjoyable none the less.  Having Mila Kunis as the leading lady in a movie never hurts either.

Next came dinner at a Peruvian Restaurant called Inka Mama's.  If you have never tried Peruvian food you are missing out.  They have this amazing green sauce called aji that you would swear has a bunch of calories from fat but it is mostly iceberg lettuce, Serrano chilies and garlic.  It's a dieter's dream sauce.

Anyway, before I knew it, it was almost 9:00 p.m. and I was about 2,500 step away from reaching my modest daily goal of 5,000 steps.  The BodyMedia Fit app for the iPhone has a workout feature where you can select a workout by the number of calories you want to burn, or for a certain length of time, or by the number of steps you want to take.  I set a 3,000 step workout goal and headed out the door.  It was a nice clear evening with temperatures in the mid 60's.  As I walked, the armband would update my iPhone every 10 seconds or so.  The display showed the number of steps I had taken in giant hot pink numbers.  (Sorry, I didn't take a screenshot of the display.)  After one loop around the neighborhood I was over 3,000 steps and went over my goal for the day.

BodyMedia Stats for July 23, 2011 (* denotes personal best)
Calories Burned-3,214* | Calories Consumed-1,921 | Calorie Deficit-1,293 | Physical Activity-0:36 minutes* | Steps Taken 5,498 | Sleep Duration-7:56 hours* | Sleep Efficiency 81%

No comments:

Post a Comment