Monday, July 18, 2011

A Crazy Week

Boy am I glad to be finished with last week.  Work was crazy!  Logging 16-hour days can wreck healthy eating habits.  Luckily, my problem was not eating dinner three nights last week so it wasn't like I was shoveling fast food into my mouth as I drove home just before midnight.

My family's week at the beach came to an end last Saturday.  Like I said in a previous post, Balboa week is a real challenge to any diet.  I did cave last Friday and gave in to temptation.  A double scoop waffle cone of Dreyers Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream was a poor choice.  It wasn't worth the calories.

The other food challenge is the snacks.  After the walk into town to get ice cream the we always play games back at one of the houses.  Friday night we played a domino-based game called Mexican Train.  Snacks are always a fixture with the games.  That night there was a bowl of regular M&Ms, a bowl of Peanut M&Ms, a bowl of peanut butter filled pretzel bites and a bowl of mixed nuts.  These aren't small dainty bowls either.  There are large chili bowls that hold 2 to 3 cups of sinful snacks.  If the bowl is empty you just go to the 5-pound bag bought at Costco for a refill.  I don't even want to think how many Peanut M&Ms and pretzels I ate that night.

But the good news is I made two huge commitments to exercising more over the weekend.  Yesterday I picked up my bike at the bike shop.  I took it in a couple of weeks ago for a tune up and now it is ready to go.  I had a nice short liesurely 3-mile bike ride last night.  One thing is certain, I am a lot more out of shape than I thought I was.  I was gassed after just three short miles.

The second thing is I purchased a BodyMedia Fit armband to help track my fitness, calories and sleep patterns.  I have been researching it and decided that it was time to really start monitoring my progress.  It should be here tomorrow so I will be adding my progress to the bottom of my posts by the ed of the week.

I am anxious for tomorrow's weigh in.  I skipped last Saturday's weigh in because of the beach.  Hopefully I will still be on track and can add to the 35 pounds I have lost since Mother's Day.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment